Monday, June 17, 2013

Why Tags Are Important

During the last challenge I made turkey soup.  I remember breaking the bones to get to the inner goodieness, short of that I couldn't remember how I made it.  I roasted a chicken yesterday and saved the husk for making soup.  I gave the cookbook I used for the recipe to Sarah Lohman so I couldn't just look it up.

I did, however, tag my post.  I just clicked on my name under a post, then searched the page for 'bones'.  I had to go once to older posts.  I found the information I was looking for in a post from January 7th of last year;

'Never discard the bones of turkey or chicken as they will always make a delicious soup,' advises The American Woman's Cook Book. 'Scrape the meat from the bones, break the bones, pack them in a kettle, and cover in cold water, adding a small onion.  Cover closely and simmer very gently for three hours.  Strain and cool.  One-half hour before it is to be served, return to the fire and for every quart of stock add one cup cold meat, season and keep hot until needed.'

Now the chicken bones are simmering in a pot with an onion.  In 3 hours I will have delicious soup.  Thanks tags!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the reminder. I am getting better at tagging my posts. Did you enjoy the soup?

    ReplyDelete