Saturday, August 7, 2010

Post-Challenge Thoughts

First I would like to say that I did enjoy the challenge. It was extra difficult to adhere to it as strictly as I did. I felt this was a genuine life experience and I am glad I proposed it.

Would I do this challenge again? No way. I still enjoy all the food collecting activities this included. My garden continues to produce food, and I am excited for the early hunting season starting September 1st.

There are 2 reasons I wouldn't do this again. The first is time dedication. I really felt that all I did the whole week was cook food, photograph food, eat food, and then post to the blog. If I got 2 hours of productive work done, that was a good day. For the self-employed, a 10 hour work week is beyond inadequate.

The second reason - acute loss of muscle power. Though I felt the food I ate was very healthful, I did not consume enough calories to maintain my energy levels. It was a good 4 or 5 days after the challenge before I could put in a good days work.

This challenge has inspired me to follow through with some of the other ideas I have though - and you'll find the next one here at the tool challenge. I invite you all to join, wherever you are in the world!

No comments:

Post a Comment