Sunday, September 29, 2013

Harvest Time

I worked in the garden for about 5 1/2 hours today.  Displayed below are some of the items that were harvested.  The first is lots and lots and lots of lamb's quarter seeds.  Right now I have them on a sheet but I plan on suspending them above the table (if I can find some extra time).
I also harvested some of the turnips.  I used turnips, celery, kale, leeks, garlic and carrots to make a yummy vegetable soup.
I picked a basket of tomatillos, tomatoes  and a few hot peppers.
There are still plenty more tomatillos in the garden.  Sage and mint make a great tea.  I made a huge stock pot of tea.  I am freezing it in ziploc baggies for the challenge.
I chopped lots of chives and rolled them in plastic wrap (like a tootsie roll).  When I want to use some in cooking during the winter, I just untie the string from one end, break off the amount I need, and then tie the string back on.

There were a few strawberries left in the strawberry patch.  They were very sweet.




No comments:

Post a Comment