Friday, May 24, 2013

The Face of the Mutant Carrots

I came upon an interesting find while working in the garden today.  I was delighted with my discovery and very amused.  Do you remember the mutant carrot post?  Just in case you don't here is the text:

"The mutant carrots are back at it.  These two are Carrocchio and the Fairy Dancing queen.  Carrocchio is on the left side of the picture.  He is saying "I don't really think they are going to roast us!"  The Fairy Dancing Queen is on the right - She is saying (to Carrocchio) "Don't you lie to me!"  "Your nose is getting bigger and bigger!"

I guess the lack of food is having an effect on me.  And - those silly fairies keep creeping into the blog.  Well-Sharon and I roasted them.  The fairy was right - he was lying!"

Well today, while I was planting the challenge garden, I was digging around the old carrot patch and guess what I found - It could be the real face of the mutant carrot or, it could be the carrot mascot.  He kind of looks like a miniature Mr. Potato Head.

Today, I planted celery, parsley, broccoli, spaghetti squash, zucchini squash, butternut squash plants and seeds for sunflowers, turnips, beets, leeks and radishes.  The weatherman warned of the danger of frost so I covered some of the squash plants with sheets.  I hope he was wrong.


No comments:

Post a Comment