Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Day 3 - 1/2 way through

No pictures today.  Just a brief update on the menu.  For breakfast, I had a bowl of oatmeal with banana slices.  While rummaging through my kitchen cabinet this morning, I found an old foil packet of honey from a fast food store.  I added the packet to my oatmeal.  It was a little too sweet.
For lunch I'll have a salad similar to yesterday's lunch time salad and the tuna macaroni casserole.  I'll probably take one potato to work.  In case I need a snack, I'll have a baked potato.
Supper will be two scrambled eggs with chives and two slices of toast.

At the end of today, my challenge inventory will include:
     4 eggs
     3 potatoes
     8 slices of cheese
     1 small head of lettuce
     12 cherry tomatoes
     3 bananas
     1 cup of oats
     1 1/4 sticks of margarine
     4 slices of white bread
     small amount of ranch dressing
     2 servings of tuna macaroni casserole

I might even end the week with a couple items left over - and under budget.
A friend of mine told me that a local chain store has peanut butter for $2.99 with a $2.99 rebate at the register.  I think I'll check it out.
   

No comments:

Post a Comment