Tuesday, June 8, 2010

A Fine Collection of Mulberries


This was my brilliant idea for collecting the massive amount of mulberries that dump out of the tree - it is admittedly a little more simple than I had first conceived but it seems to be doing a good enough job. I put it up yesterday around noon - I collected the fruit about an hour ago and there is about 6 cups.

I picked up about an equal amount off the ground around the garden area yesterday, then pressed and strained them. That first batch is going to be fermented into wine, and then hopefully tainted into vinegar before the challenge starts (If I'm lucky the vinegar will be ready before Jul 17th, and I can use it to make some pickles.)


1 comment:

  1. I'm looking forward to picking some this weekend. I plan on dehydrating them.

    ReplyDelete