Friday, February 3, 2012

Day 33

Breakfast included 1 1/2 scrambled eggs, cornbread with grape jelly, applesauce and chicory beverage.  You may be wondering how I figure 1 1/2 eggs.  If you weren't wondering that, please skip to the next section.  If you were wondering, for part of my $10 allowance, I purchased eggs when they were 5 dozen for $5 back in November.  I froze one dozen by breaking and scrambling them.  I then put them into ice cube trays until frozen.  As soon as they were frozen, I took them out of the trays and sealed them in an airtight Ziploc bag.  I ended up with 24 cubes from 12 eggs.  So 3 egg cubes is equal to 1 1/2 eggs.  CAUTION:  Don't try this at home unless you use something in the trays for easy release.  They were extremely difficult to remove from the trays.
For grazing today I have loobee beans (last of the beans) with polenta and tomato sauce, apricot glazed carrots, cornbread and grape jelly, applesauce and tomato vegetable soup.  This batch of glazed carrots also used all of my remaining carrots.  This spring I plan on growing lots more green beans and carrots.

No comments:

Post a Comment