Monday, April 29, 2013

Mini Challenge Food List

Following is a list of the foods I've chosen for the mini challenge and the cost for each:
     $.55 for 1/3 of 18 oz oatmeal (split with Sharon and Mark) total cost $1.64 - 2 for one sale
     $.44 for 1/3 of 18 bananas (split with Sharon and Mark) total cost $1.32 @ $.27 per pound
     $.88 for 1 pound of elbow macaroni
     $.69 for one can tuna packed in water (last minute change - I originally had spaghetti sauce on my list but decided instead to make a tuna and mac dish)
     $.50 for small container cherry tomatoes (good sale)
     $.40 for 1/2 pound margarine (I usually don't eat margarine)
     $.50 for 1/2 container of small Lettuce heads (split with Sharon) total cost $1.00
     $.43 for 1/2 loaf of bread (split with Mark) total cost $.85
     $.85 for 10 eggs (split with Sharon and Mark)
     $.88 for cheese - 14 slices remaining (sold 2 slices to Mark)
     $.83 for 1/3 of 10 pound bag of potatoes- 7 potatoes each (split with Sharon and Mark)
     $.25 for 1/4 of bottle of ranch dressing (shared with Mark)
Total is $7.18
Monday's menu:   Breakfast - Oatmeal and bananas   Lunch - grilled cheese   Supper - 1/6 of casserole made with tuna, macaroni, chives (from my garden), 4 slices of cheese, and sliced cherry tomatoes) along with a salad of lettuce, cherry tomatoes and ranch dressing  Snack - hard boiled egg.
I haven't planned the menus for the rest of the week so I'll be posting as I go.

No comments:

Post a Comment