Saturday, January 7, 2012

Soups and Chili













The first picture is pickle soup - of course!! I made this yesterday to use up some of my left over opened canned goods. It contains whole tomatoes, summer squash (and juice), a couple pickles (and a little juice) and the package of frozen green beans with tomatoes. It has a sweet and sour flavor - certainly not as sour as the batch that I made for our potluck before the challenge!


The middle picture is chili. I took the various packages of chili I made throughout the summer and fall and combined them. I added in cooked soybeans.

The last picture is the first soup I made to start off the challenge. It contained canned tomatoes and the juice, canned summer squash, frozen green beans, fresh carrots (that I found in garden) and cooked soybeans.

No comments:

Post a Comment