Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Things to Ponder . . .

While Sneelock and I were having lunch at Uncle Tim and Aunt Linda's the other day, we had a dicussion about eating at someone else's house during the challenge days. They asked, if they invited us over, would we have to bring our own food and not join them with what they had prepared. It occurred to us that if the settlers were invited to a neighbors house for a meal during the harsh winter months, they certainly would not insult their hosts by refusing to share the meal they had prepared. They would probably have brought some of their harvest to share, but certainly would eat what was put on the table by their host and/or hostess. I would like all of us to ponder the possibility of allowing for invitational meal "freebees." What do you think?

Also, I wonder if there is any possibility of increasing the "allowance" from $10 to $20 per person. I think the extra $10 would make the challenge much more Do-able and allow more of us to stay in the challenge for a longer time. What do you think about this idea?

5 comments:

  1. No! and No! It is not supposed to be easy. During the first challenge I was invited to a party on the 3rd day - I brought my own food! It totally stunk having to eat minimalist foods while there were plates filled with sub sandwiches and buckets of wings and coolers of beer, but I am living proof that it can be done! You even get a party exemption for this challenge so use it wisely! $10 more, also out of the question. The purpose of the $10 in the first place was not to spend it on staple foods but to buy preserving products (salt, sugar, vinegar, etc.) I have already canned foods that I can't use in the challenge because the dollar cost was not in line with my budget. Anyways if you're starving hungry, or even starving thirsty, all you have to do is concede!

    ReplyDelete
  2. No way will I concede!!! I hope I don't have to have this talk with you again!! (chuckle chuckle) My next question is - what are you going to make me when I win???

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooh yeah - eyes on the prize everyone - don't forget you have to hand make something nice for the victor!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey, where in the rules does it say it has to be nice? I was going to make a hideous crown or trophy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Haha well what if we all throw the competition, and force you to win it? Don't you want a nice crown?

    ReplyDelete