Saturday, July 24, 2010

Day 1 Lovely Lunch Salad

The variety of flavors in my lunch salad was very lovely. I am going to have to test each ingredient to really catch the individual flavors. Here is the ingredient list:

Leaf Lettuce (foraged from Sneelock's garden patch)
Wood Sorrel from the community garden
Dandelion leaves (I think they were the bitter taste)
Squash blossoms
Curly parsley and basil from the village people herb garden in the front yard
Apricots
Lamb's quarter leaves
A few pea pods
One Cherry tomato for color
Chicken (My cheat item of choice for the week)

Followed up by a cup of yummy spearmint tea. All in all, it was a very satisfying lunch. I also went to the doctor's office this morning and weighed myself so I can witness the effect of all of this very healthy eating. I'm very thankful to my wonderful family for participating in (and of course the Demarkracy for suggesting) this great challenge and sharing all of their harvests. You are AWESOME!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment