Thursday, July 29, 2010

Lunch, Day 7

Lunch today - polenta, roasted bean cake, goose with lambs quarter, mulberry cobbler, cucumber slices, applesauce, and blueberries.

For the bean cake I took the cooked soybeans and smashed them up real good with a kitchen hammer. I added some basil, sage, and garlic, and then put them in the oven for 20 mins @ 350. Pretty good, egg would have held them together better, but I don't have any more egg. I made this because I wanted to use up the rest of the cooked soybeans. I really didn't expect it to taste good. I'll have a few to bring with me to the feast tonight

Goose and lambs quarter was just that, I put both ingredients in a saucepan with a little water and covered it with a lid to cook.

The polenta was Sarah's idea - I didn't have any salt but I did use the last of the goose oil that I had. I used a 4:1 water/cornmeal ratio. It had the consistency of grits when I ate it; it has since solidified in the pan. I'll have some of this for the feast as well.

The cobbler was another taste given to me by Sharon a few days ago - she said it was bitter but I thought it was pretty good. This was the last of the applesauce I traded for too.

No comments:

Post a Comment