Monday, July 26, 2010

Today's meals and events

We actually skipped lunch today... we were out in Ashland picking blueberries for several hours. We picked 19 pounds of blueberries... and they are beautiful! I'm sharing with the rest of SFS participants tomorrow.
We came back home and made veggie soup, using turnips, kohlrabi, beets, a couple of small leeks I had growing in the garden, a little chives, some carrots, green beans, a healthy handful of garlic, and some sea salt. It was actually quite good.
After dinner, we went back to the park and picked about a quart of good, sweet blackberries. I'm also going blackberry picking in the morning with mom (Therese) and my grandmother.
I spent the remainder of the evening working on preserving some of the harvest for post-challenge consumption. I put some blueberries in the dehydrator and canned the sour blackberries with honey. I'm looking forward to these sweet treats later in the year!
I have a TON more preservation to do, but I am both out of day and out of sugar, so tomorrow I will work on some more.

No comments:

Post a Comment