Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Dinner, Day 5

Tonight for dinner there is shredded goose with au jus, pan fried summer squash, roasted garlic, and a small salad. Oh, and iced tea.

The au jus was made by saving the pan drippings from yesterday in the fridge. The fat collects on the top when it is cold, and you can carefully pour the juice out from underneath it. It was not only good, it was decadent.

The summer squash was pan fried with a dusting of cornmeal. I used the fat left over from the au jus as described above.

The roasted garlic was a complete disappointment. The bad recipe I used told me to cook it covered in a muffin pan for 35-40 mins on 400 degrees. This burnt it and it all tasted terrible. BOOOO. There goes a good chunk of my garlic reserves, fortunately I still have enough for the next 2 days.

The salad was just a bunch green salad with cucumbers and the last of my uncooked apricots. I'm still a little hungry, I have some snack mix (dried mulberries, walnuts, dried apricots, soynuts) that I am going to nurse for the rest of the evening.

No comments:

Post a Comment