Friday, July 23, 2010

Dinner is Finally Here - Day 1

Today was very difficult. I was so hungry and close to either getting Starbucks, Panera, Pizza Hut, Burger King or KFC from the turnpike stop during lunch. I consulted with the Demarkcracy and mustered up the additional willpower to make it through the day.

In addition to the lunch I posted previously, I had 2 small apples for snacks. I know that I didn't bring enough food for the day.

When I got home, I had a few slices of cucumber and a couple of cherry tomatoes that I foraged from my sister's garden :)

I then made a salad with greens, more tomatoes, cucumbers, and a few pea pods. I used olive oil (cheat item #1) with garlic and lemon thyme for flavor.

I made soup with some of the broth I made yesterday and added potatoes, zucchini, spinach, parsley and chives.

I also had 1/2 chicken breast (cheater! cheater! - now its out of the way) that I boiled when I got home.

I may have a little sweet treat - a plum or dried apricots when I'm finished with dinner.

No comments:

Post a Comment