Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Lunch, Day 5

Todays lunch - former soups revisited, cabbage salad, and blackberries.

I had a bit of broth left from the squirrel stew I made day 1 and some corn chowder from yesterday. I combined them with a bit of goose meat, some garlic and basil, and some soybeans I cooked yesterday.

I need to learn that just because I have a lot of oregano doesn't mean I should use a lot of oregano. the soup is not bad though, and it is quote hearty.

This is the last of the blackberries I have.

7 comments:

  1. How are your food supplies lasting?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a lot of food still, but certain ingredients (mostly those I traded for) are running out. I will have no problems making it to the feast!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have lots of berries... Black and blue if you want some let me know!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have plenty of blueberries left, thanks to you :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ya'll should consider making polenta with the cornmeal. It's simple, it would beef up your carbs, and it goes great with eggs and veggies~

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sarah - Do you have a recipe you can share for polenta?

    ReplyDelete
  7. here's a more complicated recipe: http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/alton-brown/savory-polenta-recipe/index.html

    You can add veggies to the polenta itself. But, I usually make it very, very simply: http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/giada-de-laurentiis/basic-polenta-recipe/index.html

    you can scale down this recipe and leave out the butter.

    this is good with cookie veggies served on top for dinner (I made some with cooked chard and onions, so good!), or sliced and fried for breakfast.

    ReplyDelete