Saturday, January 7, 2012

Biscotti??













Ok - at least we attempted to make biscotti. It was the end of a long baking and cooking afternoon/evening. We wanted something sweet to add to our stash of goods. We had most of the ingredients for maple walnut biscotti except for baking powder. We figured we could use yeast/warm water in place of the baking powder which made it more bread-like instead of crunchy.

I ate my biscotti as snacks with blackberry jam. After a of couple days, I decided to use the few I had left as a crust for apple "pie". I used a little oil to grease the bottom of the baking dish and crumbled the biscotti. I then topped it with baked apples that I had in the freezer (sweetened with maple sugar). The topping is candied walnuts (melted maple sugar and chopped walnuts).

3 comments:

  1. Sharon, can we have the recipe for the biscotti? (Please).

    ReplyDelete
  2. ...I don't think you want that recipe. Some things are best left alone.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mark you had 3/4 of them and I had 1/4 so I can see how you are sick of them. (Plus we made an extra log because we had to add extra flour since we used yeast/warm water instead of baking powder) Mom I will give you a copy of the recipe. I'm sure you can perfect it since you have the right ingredients.

    ReplyDelete