Monday, January 23, 2012

Inventory After 3 Weeks

I've done my best to keep it in the same order as last time, so anyone wanting to spend the time to see how much I have actually used will have an easy time of it. Here goes;

Dry Goods/ Stores;
Pickles - 1 pint
Relish - 1 pint + 1 open pint
Blackberry Jam - 2 half-pints
Grape jelly - 1 half-pint
Grape butter - 1 open half-pint
Elderberry preserves - 1 half-pint
Whole peeled tomatoes - 1 open quart
Tomato sauce - 1 quart
Summer squash - 1 quart, 1 pint, 1 half-pint, +1 open pint
Apples in light syrup - 1 pint +1 open pint
Dry beans - 7 oz
White vinegar - 1 quart
Wine vinegar - 8 fl oz
White sugar - 1/2 lb
Salted fish - 1 oz
Wheat flour - 1-3/4 lbs
Corn flour - 1-1/4 lbs
Cornmeal - 4 lbs
Wheat bran - 5-1/4 lbs
Hickory nuts - 1oz
Elderberry oil - 1 tbs
Walnut oil - 4 tbs
Vegetable oil - 2 tbs
Raisins - 1/4 lb
Apricot almonds - 1 oz
Basswood nuts, small container
Bread crumbs - 4 oz

Perishables/Prepared Foods
Green onions, 1/2 small
Yeast, 2 oz
Turkey mini pot pies, 3
Milk, 1 cup
Grape juice, 10 fl oz
Grape soda, 1/2 liter
Apricot Syrup, 1-1/2 pints
Eggs, thawed, 4
Carrots, a few
Tomatillos, 1/4 lb

Freezer Department
Rose hips (pressed), 2 oz
Eggs, 4 dozen
Lemon, 3/4
Catfish, 8oz
Melons, 1-1/4lbs
Grape Juice, 10 fl oz
Spaghetti Sauce, frozen, 1 lb
Pea pods & green beans, 6 oz
Applesauce, 3 cups
Milk, frozen, 3 pints
Raspberries, 1/2 lb

Spices;
Curry
Mint
Rosemary
Basil
Marjoram
Thyme
Stevia
Coriander Seed
Chives
Garlic
Chicory, 6 oz
Salt, 20 oz
Black peppercorns
Dill

I also have, which I forgot to mention in the previous inventory, unmilled wheat. I have 3lbs left. On day 1 I had 10lbs. I should be able to get around 2lbs finished flour out of the wheat, the rest will add to my bran reserves. Bran forever!
I also have a few bottles of fruit wine in the basement. Only 1 was capped with a metal cap, that is a bottle of apricot wine. The other two were corked, one bottle of mix berry wine and 1 gallon jug of mulberry wine. I don't know if these are vinegar or not. I'm guessing they are.

1 comment:

  1. Vinegar cocktails, brotha: http://www.nytimes.com/2011/10/12/dining/vinegar-cocktails-are-making-the-rounds.html

    ReplyDelete