Monday, January 30, 2012

Days 28, 29

Day 28; breakfast was a bowl of bran cereal and 3 pancakes with grape jelly. This is the grape jelly Todd made entirely from ingredients at the Lohman's estate - even the pectin! It is very good, and entirely different from what you get in the store.

Lunch was some soup I made with soybeans, fresh turnips and carrots, garlic, and a few other odds and ends. I saved the liquid from the canned tomatoes and used that as the stock. I had a couple eggs too and some crackers. I am going to stop making crackers because I eat them all immediately.

Dinner was a bit of this and that through the evening, half a jar of pickles, some eggs, the rest of my crackers, half a potato, whatever.  I got hungry in fits, and sated my hunger the same way.

Day 29; breakfast was just bran cereal. I am over bran cereal now. Nearly every day for 4 weeks - ugh!

Lunch was poorly planned. Everything was frozen that I wanted to make. I ended up having spaghetti with tomato sauce, the rest of my dill pickles, and some applesauce.

Dinner was the result of my poorly conceived lunch. I threw a bunch of stuff in the crockpot at lunchtime so I had turkey, turnips, carrots, and green beans from there. I ate about half a portion of the turkey. My eggs are thawed so I had eggs too. The polenta I made at lunch time has set up now too. I took a few strips and fried them. Polenta does not brown at all, it is quite disappointing. Then I had a revalation - coat it in breadcrumbs! Those came out pretty good, I must say. I am still a bit hungry so I will head off in search of the convenient.


Published with Blogger-droid v2.0.2

No comments:

Post a Comment