Thursday, January 19, 2012

Day 18, Only Day 18.

Looking at my coffers, I find they they are much depleted. Had I made the challenge 30 days I would have enough stock to make it through. 75 days? Forget it. 50 days? Not gonna happen. 40 days? We will see...

Breakfast; 2 egg omelet with onions and cream cheese, watermelon, applesauce, bits of turkey skin, bran cereal, sliced tomatillo.

Lunch; mini rabbit pies (4). It was a late lunch. I had milled a pile of flour this morning for making bread tonight. I rummaged through the freezer to pick out what meat I would have. I saw the rabbit and thought, hey, I should make like a pot pie or something.

1 egg, 3/4 cup water, add enough flour to make a medium dough (not too stiff but not floppy.) Knead 80 passes. Roll through pasta mill to the #3 setting. Grease muffin pan. Make mixture of rabbit meat in gravy, corn, and mashed potatoes. Line cups with rolled dough, fill, pinch closed. Lightly oil tops. 350 degree oven, 20-25 mins.

I used the rest of the dough to make noodles and crackers.

Dinner; turkey mini pies (2), apple mini pie, mixed vegetables, last fresh tomato, tomatillo. The pies were so good I made another batch using my 4oz turkey portion, the last baked potato I had, and the last of the sweet corn I had. I will need them for tomorrow as I will be on the road a good part of the day.  The vegetables included soybeans, pea pods, baby corns, and garlic.

I used so much of my flour that I didn't make any bread.


Published with Blogger-droid v2.0.2

2 comments:

  1. Oh - Don't give up at 30. I'm certain if we pool resources we can make it to 37!!! That's 50% and we reach that on February 7. I haven't eaten a lot of my turkey and I would be glad to trade turkey and some other reserves (I have an abundance of turkey, baked potatoes, applesauce, grape juice, turnips, carrots and tomato products) for physical labor in my kitchen. tee hee. I am still willing to meet for coffee when we are finished and call it a draw. By the way - you left a bag of cornmeal here when we had our brunch.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I left that cornmeal for you silly! I have no need of cornmeal. I can see that I have need of nearly everything else. I am pretty sure that you have been eating as much as my cat does, and what is enough food to last you 7 days is enough to last me 2.

    ReplyDelete