Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Day 23 - 31%???

If we are going by the original date, we are 31% of the way through the challenge.  I think the ending date is going to be closer.  Today I am eating the last of my squash soup and loobee beans.  Thank goodness I have my exemption day (which I am using tomorrow).  I am enjoying the challenge food and sharing the pictures and thoughts throughout the challenge.  However, if I ever do this again, I will make certain to expand my garden and give myself a bigger "allowance."  With the extra funds,  I would probably have bought two or three turkeys, more eggs and some tuna.  (Before the challenge began I found tuna 5 for $5.00 and eggs 5 dozen for $5.00.)
For breakfast - Bran cereal with blackberry jam and applesauce/grape slushy.  I also had some chicory beverage.

Grazing items are all frozen so they might look a little strange.  The tasty items for today are butternut squash soup (one of my favorites, freezer pickles, applesauce zucchini walnut bread, blackberry jam and polenta with tomato sauce and loobee beans.  I am also taking chicory beverage and dry mint.

No comments:

Post a Comment