Thursday, January 12, 2012

Day 11

Breakfast; pancakes with grape butter, scrambled egg, fried turkey skins. I made the pancakes by starting with a small yeast starter. I mixed 1 cup wheat flour, 1/2 cup corn meal, and a pinch of salt. Once the yeast was foamy I mixed it into the flour mixture. Then I added enough water to make a good batter. I let it sit for 10 minutes before cooking it.

Lunch; turkey broth, 1 wheat bread with nut butter, 1 wheat bread with turkey spread. That was the last of the turkey broth. It was lovely! I sure hope I can bag more game before this challenge is out, so I can crush their bones and make a lovely soup.

Dinner; spaghetti with tomato sauce, a slice of wheat bread. I had a small dinner as I am going out for a social evening. Along with a few bottles of fruit wine I am taking crackers, a bit of spread and cream cheese, pickles, some marshmallows, and my bottle of apricot soda (which is in version 2.0, I added lemon which greatly improved it.)


Published with Blogger-droid v2.0.2

No comments:

Post a Comment