Friday, January 13, 2012

Day 12

Breakfast; bran cereal, 3 slices of bread. I topped the bread with walnut butter and blackberry jam. It was the last of the loaf and was getting pretty crumbly.

Lunch; vegetable pot, corn cakes. The vegetable pot had soybeans, meal corn that I boiled for a few hours, tomato, summer squash, garlic, and seasonings. It turned out pretty well. The corn cakes I made last night, hoping to utilize more of the cornmeal I have. I have been burning through the wheat at an incredible rate but not the cornmeal. I still have 10lbs of wheat to mill, still I would like to stretch that out if possible.

Dinner; fish friday! Salted fish broth with crackers. I soaked the salted fish for a while in water. I then made a pot up with the fish, potatoes, carrots, wheat noodles, garlic, and spices. I added a bit of milk to the broth, and once the solids were all cooked I took them out and reduced the broth down. The broth and mixed vegetables were good, the fish had a bit of a bitter and fishy taste to it. It was still palatable. I found the texture of the fish meat most interesting though, it was more dense, kind of like canned fish is.

I have been hungry this evening (I think the cold does it to me) so I have been snacking a lot. I have come to the decision that I am going to conserve less food; I am increasing our daily egg allocation from 2 to 3, and milk from 1/2 cup to 3/4 cup. I am also planning to keep my meat intake at about the same level instead of having to suffer through vegetarian weeks. If I lose, at least I wont lose hungry!


Published with Blogger-droid v2.0.2

No comments:

Post a Comment