Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Day 9 (the first 2/3rds, at least)

Breakfast today was french toast with blackberry jam, bran cereal with maple sugar, a leftover bit of egg, and applesauce. The bread was a little slow to rise at the end, I stopped working in the kitchen so it started to cool down. I turned the oven on and set the bread to rise a little longer. Once it finally filled out the pan I put it in the oven, 10 mins at 400 and then 25 minutes more at 375. It has a definite crust, though the top is a little too dry. It is not light and airy like white bread but it has a pretty good texture and it smells wonderful.

For lunch, turkey soup and apricot soda.  Here is how I made this home-made soda: I started with 1-1/2 cups of sugar, warm water and an empty 2 liter bottle. I filled the bottle about 3/4 full of water and dissolved the sugar. Next I added 1/2tsp of dry yeast. I also added a generous helping of apricot syrup. I let it sit overnight. In the morning the bottle was firm, and I put it in the fridge. By lunch time it was cold, and I enjoyed a refreshing beverage!


Published with Blogger-droid v2.0.2

1 comment:

  1. Dinner was Sharon's chili with soybeans, garlic, and green beans added, along with a couple slices of bread. Later I had a snack of crackers, turkey spread, and pickles.

    ReplyDelete